STATEMENT OF PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
The purpose of this service is to provide a full day care facility for children aged 4 months to 5 years. We open 51 weeks per year and daily from 8am-6pm. We have capacity to cater for 50 children at any one time and our ratios are overleaf. This service is a community-based facility operated by Lelia Murphy.
• At the service our ethos and practice values diversity and promotes equality.
• We aim to select friendly, dependable, mature and professional staff through our rigorous recruitment and selection policy.
• To ensure that the developmental, educational, emotional and social needs of each child are met daily.
• The voice of the child is heard, respected and contributes to our programme.
• We aim to deliver a quality curriculum which addresses children’s well-being, identity and belonging, communication and exploring and thinking, along the principles of Aistear, the Early Childhood Curriculum Framework
• We aim to make the service accessible to all members of the community, regardless of race, gender, family status, age, disability, or religious belief.
• We aim to work with ‘Síolta’ The National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education, by following its 12 principles of quality and the 16 standards within its framework.
• We operate within the Childcare Act 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016 and The National Standards for Preschools.
• The environment is planned and well-organised in a way that suits the different needs of individual children, while keeping in mind the importance of Safety and Hygiene
• Parents/guardians are actively welcomed at the service at all times. We endeavour to share information and communicate with parents/guardians directly, in order to give feedback at the end of each day and to ensure that they are made aware of on-going developments in policies and procedures.
• The service wishes to promote a positive atmosphere where children, staff and parents/guardians are treated with respect.